Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Date with Broadway

Last Thursday David and I ventured to Broadway for a relaxing evening at the theatre. It couldn't have been better timed, as I was at my wit's end with Michael and was more than happy to hand him off to the babysitter. (A short list of the the things he did that day: broke the vacuum and a picture frame, drew all over the Wii balance board, dumped an entire glass of pink juice on the carpet, had two "accidents" on the carpet and pooped his pants once, put balloons in the toilet and stuffed a pretzel into the electrical socket, which I still can't get out).

We went to see "Blithe Spirit", which is currently starring 83-year old Broadway legend, Angela Lansbury. Thanks to some excellent timing, David was able to procure seats that are normally reserved for Tony voters, so we were front and center.

The show was hysterically funny, and I must say I was amazed by Ms. Lansbury's leaping and dancing around the stage. For all of her energy you would have thought she was a good twenty years younger. I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to see her perform live. (She has since received a Tony nomination for her role).

Since we had such an enjoyable time (and because we wanted to get in a couple of our must-sees while David is not busy at work), we decided to repeat the experience this week with a different show. We are off to see "9 to 5: The Musical" this evening.

I don't know if we're ever going to be able to give up our date nights to Broadway. We just might have to stay here.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You lucky little ducks!

Sara said...

So jealous. Then I think about how much a gallon of milk costs in Manahattan. Ouch.

But Broadway ... how I love Broadway.

Megan B ♥ said...

That sounds just wonderful. What a treat that you can go to Broadway and that are able to take advantage of this opportunity while you are there.

So.... I have to ask... is that a typical day for Michael? If so... you have to document his days more often because my eyes are kind of bugging out of my head.

mean aunt said...

Give Broadway my regards. . .

Matthew wants to know if they have "movies" in Arizona with the real people like in NY

overlyactive said...

I like your new blog background. Fun change.
If Michael is doing this regularly, you may need a date every night! =)

Bonnie said...

Michael is a very busy boy, but he isn't usually this naughty. He was really on one that day.

The Davis Clan said...

Bonnie it is reassuring to know that other mothers have days like that. It makes you appreciate the goods days more.