* No person has ever had their mind changed by a Facebook avatar. Not one. It is simply not possible to change someone's heart by using your profile picture or your status update to say I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG.
* If you think that all of your friends share your view of the world, you don't know your friends. Name-calling and ascribing evil motives to anyone who disagrees with you damages people, and it damages your friends. It doesn't matter what side of an argument you are on; being right is never more important than being kind.
* It's more important for you to love people than to correct them. Correcting them is not your job. Loving them is.
* The world will not end if it is deprived of your opinion on every issue.
* It is usually more important to have open ears than an open mouth.
* And finally, God loves all of His children. ALL of them. You should do the same.
There will never be a time when every person will agree on everything. We are different people with different backgrounds, different experiences, and different beliefs. But whether we are pro-life or pro-choice, pro-gay marriage or pro-traditional marriage, all of us can -- and should -- be one thing: