Monday, September 8, 2008

A Rebuttal

I let my mom type on the computer for five minutes and then I found out she's been talking about me! That's the last time I'm letting her anywhere near the keyboard.

I don't think she gave you the whole story when she said I wanted to do everything myself. I don't want to do EVERYTHING myself. For example, I still want her to carry me and change my diaper and come to nursery with me. But Mom always says that I'm not a baby anymore, I'm a big boy! I'm just trying to show her what a big boy I am by doing things myself. There are a lot of things I don't need help with, like walking in the parking lot, but mom won't let go of my hand! It's so annoying. I get her back though, because I know how to make my whole body go limp when she grabs my hand. I especially like to do it when there is a car coming.

I think I could take care of myself just fine without my mom if I could just figure out how to get to the fruit snacks in the pantry. I try to stand on the bottom shelf, but I still can't reach that high. Sometimes I just get frustrated and start dumping flour all over the floor. That certainly gets mom's attention. Whenever she's not paying attention to me I can find something to dump out or destroy, or I can just hit or bite. Of course that gets me sent to time out, but sometimes a good bite is just worth the punishment. It feels so good to use my teeth.

I really wish my mom would let me do more, like stick knives in the electrical sockets (I tried that once and mom freaked out. Seriously, she yelled and everything) run out in the street, pull things off of store shelves, and lots of other fun stuff. I mean, I know I would miss my mom if she wasn't around (and if she leaves I make sure to throw a huge fit!) but think of all the fun I could have without her.

2 comments:

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Michael...I love when you sneak away from your mom and blog a bit! You are just too funny! :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Michael, you crack me up! Imagine all the naughty things you and Tanner could cook up together! I say this after cleaning up a half gallon of pee off the floor...