My sisters and I have made a goal to lose ten pounds (that's ten pounds each, not ten pounds collectively, although that would be easier) by September 29th. These are the rules of the diet, as stated by my brilliant sister, Suzanne:
1. Weigh yourself on Monday, August 25, in your undies. No fair wearing snow boots and a winter coat. This is your official starting weight.
2. You do not have to reveal this starting weight, although you can if you want to.
3. Every following Monday, through September 29 we will report to each other our weight loss
4. Hair cuts are an acceptable weight loss technique
5. Getting Shauna to stand on the scale for you is not an acceptable weight loss technique
6. The goal is to lose 10 pounds by September 29—this would be 2 pounds per week.
7. The winner is anyone who loses 10 pounds OR the person who loses the most weight
8. We should have a prize
9. The prize should probably not be cheesecake, but doesn’t that sound good?
10. It is also acceptable to completely stuff yourself silly on Sunday, August 24.
11. We can send encouraging messages to each other. Or we can mock each other.
12. Dianna must choose to join us or we will just mock her.
I must admit, I'm scared out of my wits to go on a diet. I'm already panicking about food. But the good thing is it did stop me from eating a cookie with my breakfast this morning. And besides, it means more emails from my sisters. What's not to love about that?