Monday, November 3, 2008

Are We There Yet?

You know how moving is so stressful that every time you do it you swear you will never do it again? I think I'm inches from full-blown hysteria. So I am doing the only sensible thing, of course. I'm procrastinating by blogging.

I've spent my day trying to handle Michael (who is in perpetual meltdown-mode owing to the time-change, a two-hours late bedtime last night, a ten minute nap yesterday, and the cold that has been plaguing him), and trying to sort through the remaining sneedlets that have accumulated gremlin-style in our house over the last 5 years.

I felt I was doing pretty well with the packing and cleaning (I think I'm about 80% there), but I was so looking forward to a little help from my husband this evening to tackle the multitude of remaining tasks. That would be the husband who came home from work, went straight to the bathroom, and stayed there for the next four hours while his system tried to eliminate everything he ever ate or ever thought about eating.

Let's just say that the sound of barfing does not help my stress level for many reasons, not the least of which is that I could be next. I can just see it - a scenic drive to NYC, pausing periodically to throw-up out the window or run desperately to a rest stop, or worse, to clean up a similarly-affected Michael (in a rental car, no less). The horror. Oh please let this plague pass by us. Either that or let us magically move forward to this same time next week, without having to experience any of the in-between time.

Why do these things always happen at the most horrifically inconvenient times? Not that digestive ailments are ever convenient, of course. But if this is some sort of cosmic joke, it's not funny.

4 comments:

Cameron and Nonie said...

Oh Bonnie! I wish I could be magically transported to help you out. I hate moving, it's so not fun. Best of luck and I hope that things will go smoothly for you. Keep us posted.

fiona said...

Oh no!! Yeah, as if "just" moving isn't bad enough...I hope the bug decides to vanish. Good luck!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh my gosh; Justin spent the entire night last night in the bathroom and is home sick today. Have they been lunching together and I didn't know it? I'm praying that I don't get this either! NO NO NO NO NO!! Though the kids barfed last week, if it's the same illness, it has struck in a "different" kind of body cleansing way... I don't want either, thanks!!

Julia said...

I have a time-warp machine I've been keeping secret. It has a special setting for "Re-Location Task Finished". I don't lend it out much, but if you like I'll climb into my car and head on over.