Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Balloon Speaks

Sometimes I think of Michael as being like a balloon I lost control of as it was inflating, and as such he is in a continual state of spurting around the room in erratic, uncatchable circles. So it is a bit of a challenge to get him to focus on regular tasks without him running off into a corner for a mid-chore giggle fest.

This happened again recently, for the umpteenth time, as I was trying to get his jammies on and convince him he was ready for bed. He ran off, laughing, and then turned, looked directly at me, and said, "Get your booty back here!" pointing his finger at me in a no-nonsense gesture.

Hmmm... somehow that phrase doesn't seem quite as innocuous when you hear it spouted back at you by a two-year-old mouth.

At least we're over the phrase where "Uh-oh" became "Crap!" after my rather pathetic performance on the Wii Fit taught Michael how to "properly" use the word.

Sigh.

But hey, next to "crap", "booty" sounds absolutely fine.

No comments: