Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Un-Photoshopped Truth

Did you see in the news that Nadya Suleman (aka Octomom) recently posed on the cover of a magazine sporting nothing but a teeny red bikini? She says she returned to her girlish figure through exercise and diet; no lipo or tummy tuck or surplus skin removal. (To see a picture of her toned bod, click here).

Well, as someone whose stomach looks like punched-down bread dough at the moment, I would just like to say one thing to Ms. Suleman: Liar, liar, pants on fire!

If having twins has taught me anything, it's this: Octomom had skin hanging down to her toes. I don't care how "elastic" you are or how well you "bounce back". It is impossible for your stomach to expand to eight-baby capacity without a lot of irreversible damage to your beach-ready physique. And forget individual stretch marks. Nadya was probably one giant stretch mark by the end.

Her cover shot is one big combo of plastic surgery and photoshop. To say otherwise is dishonest and, frankly, irritating to every woman who has given birth.

And it's just another reason why we'd like Ms. Suleman to go away.

5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, good grief, it even LOOKS photoshopped. HEAVILY photoshopped.

I also love how Hef's former flame Kendra is giving advice on how she has dropped 25 pounds since giving birth only 8 weeks ago! Really? Doesn't everyone drop 25 pounds within 2 weeks? Nothing magic about that. But she's the expert now. Hollywood is so LAAAAaaaaaaaame.

OK, speaking of lame, you'll appreciate this. I saw a Jackson Hewitt commercial the other day and one of their selling points was "90% of our customers get a refund!" WHAT? That was just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The Davis Clan said...

I wonder if she took out more student loans to pay for her plastic surgery. Oh wait maybe the state paid for that too.

Sara said...

Oh good grief.

I am very anti- anyone who manages to be pregnant and not get stretch marks, because I have the genes where apparently stretch marks show up and your skin sags even if you only have two kids (one at a time) and struggled to gain weight while pg (not as fun as one might think, trust me).

She's ridiculous. NO ONE bounces back like that, least of all in a year.

And they wonder why women have image issues.

Mika said...

AMEN! That's all I have to say.

Cath said...

Ummm... amazed that you are blogging. With all you have been through recently. How are the darlings doing? And you? Can you see straight in the morning?

As for Nadya. Should we take a picture of my (yuck, gross) twinskin and send it to her? I'm sorry but you are dang right. Totally irritating to publish farce. I'm with you: Ms. Suleman - Go away!!